Monday, November 21, 2005

Another Novel

Reading The Willow King is not going as planned - the words don't seem to come out on paper the way they've been forming themselves in my head. I'm still going to work on it, but I think the reason it's dull now is that when I was passionate about the idea (during the summer), I didn't go past creating an outline because I wasn't finished The Shining Empress yet.
And now I'm passionate about another novel idea (The Boy Who Would Be Queen). So, I'm going to start to write that too. I can always do two novels at once - when I'm stuck on one, I'll start on another, or work on some short stories (I nixed the "Daughter of the Moon's Companion" idea, and replaced it with "Aunt Tansy's Alma Mater" idea) instead. So, I'll be able to keep myself busy as long as I like. I think in this case, I need to strike while the iron (or idea) is hot, and not wait it out - I can always go back and revise it later.
During the upcoming Christmas holidays, I'm going to force myself to write everyday. Write and read. Because I want to get as much done as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment