Thursday, July 14, 2005

Fly free, little story! Fly fly!

Well, I've done it. I've taken my first official step in the direction of becoming a professional fantasy writer. After spending 20$ on stamps and envelopes, and 7$ (!) on International Reply Coupons, I mailed "My Brother's Own Words" in a manilla envelope, along with an introductory letter to the editor, a SASE (Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope), and two of the exhorbitantly expensive International Reply Coupons. So any day now, my little story will be out in the world, bereft and alone, and force to rely on its own wits and the strength of its packaging to manage the exhausting trek from here in Canada to Hoboken, New Jersey. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. My darling, I am so proud of you! The story is fabulous, and whether the editors recognize that now or not, I know it will be published some day.

    Just remember, rejection letters are the sign of a real author. Collect them! And never give up.

    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete