Thursday, February 10, 2005

La-la-la, I'm not crazy...la-la-la...

Animejune lives!
Thank for your incredible patience, dear readers. I took such a large, long break, and I've left you all out of the loop and me with at least a month's worth of news to divulge. So, let's make a list:

-Christmas: Greedily speaking, this was the most profitable Christmas this year. I can safely say that nearly everything I received was something that I wanted or eventually found a use for, even if I was previously unaware of that want until I unwrapped the paper. Along with a lovely book about the "1001 Films You Must Watch Before You Die" from Nana and Papa, I received the 2005 Short Story and Novel Writer's Market, and of course, lots of money and gift certificates that resulted in a number of wonderful packages that arrived later in the mail.

-Birthday: Yes, I am 19 now! My presents were lovely. My parents bought me a year's subscription to Locus magazine (although the first issue I received was August's. They must really have a backlog), a new dress (black, short, teh sexeh..), and tickets to see the Citadel Theatre's performance of West Side Story, which was sub-par, but that's hardly my parents' fault and I had a good time nonetheless.

-Topher Grace: I saw In Good Company and while not dazzling, was certainly well-written and pleasant. He hosted Saturday Night Live and I am very sorry to say that he was a Reactionary Host, and the whole thing was rather boring.

-Writing: I'm doing a whole lot of it, actually. I'm working on a short story, and I'm up to Chapter 14 of my novel (and page 292, if I'm not mistaken), and I've come up with at least two more novel ideas once my fantasy trilogy is finished.

-University: Very difficult. I'm a note-taker for a girl in a wheelchair with reduced hand mobility, and that's rather nice, but all of my classes require a buttload more reading and note-taking then before, and I have my mid-terms coming up in a week, and I have two papers due.

Once I clear March, however, I believe the whole thing is going to be rather easy. I'm also volunteering more at the Gateway.
I'll try to keep in touch.
-AnimeJune

No comments:

Post a Comment